- Hover.com domain registration. Easy convenient and no nagging!
- Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop CC. Adobe’s Photographer’s Bundle is the best deal around.
- Nikon Capture NX2: This used to be my main processing software. It was replaced by Capture NxD, which I find to be useless for my needs. I still have NX2 installed and very rarely use it, but miss it a lot.
- Nik Software: Is now the Google Nik Collection and has the complete suite of products for Lightroom and Photoshop. Color Efex Pro is still a mainstay for me and Silver Efex is essential for monochrome images.
- Photo Mechanic, RAW downloader, browser, I wouldn’t do without it now. Every image is Ingested, Viewed and Rated before processing in other software.
- Controlled Vocabulary: Keywording Catalog. I use with Photo Mechanic, also available for Bridge, Lightroom, Aperture and more.
- WordPress.Com: Free blogging site.
- Photomatix Pro 4.02: I’m using Photomatix more and more. I like the natural looking HDRs that I use for a base to start my post-processing.
- The Photographer’s Ephemeris: Sun, Moon, rise, set and more for PC, Mac, Linux and iPhone. $8.99 on iPhone, free on all other platforms.
- Drobo: An Unique Data storage hardware solution.
- Lens Babies, baby: I have the Lensbabies Original, but want to get the new Composer with the Optic Swap system.
- Hoodman: Hood Loupe 3.0, my “super chimper” great on bright days.
Op/Tech: I use the Modular Strap, tripod strap and Rain Sleeves
Kirk Enterprises: I use their Camera L Brackets, lens plates and Fat Bag (bean bag filled with crushed walnut shells). Focusing Rail, Window Pod and brackets are on my wishlist.
- Gitzo: I use the GT2531 6X Carbon Fibre with the center column removed (for low level shooting and more stability)
Markins: I have the Markins M-10 and the Q-3 “Emille” Ball heads, and the TB-21 Base plate for my Gitzo GT2531
ThinkTank Photo: The Airport Ultralight backpack serves travel duty and fits the overhead baggage compartment (even in regional jets). I use both the Belly Dancer and Skin Set belts (not at the same time) with assorted modular pouches, and the Speed Demon beltpack which also takes the modular pieces. Recently added the Sling-O-Matic 20.
Domke/Tiffen: I use their Photogs vest, the bags are highly recommended by friends of mine.
Tony Sweet: discount on Nik Software, Photomatix, Alien Skin, Lucis and Topaz Discounts.
- Jason P. Odell: eBooks for Capture NX2 and Silver Efex. 15% discount on Nik Software.
- DTown TV: a little free online education.
- Nikonians: podcasts, reference materials, good advice in their forums.